Textkit Logo

Can't download key to First Greek Book

Are you learning Ancient Greek with White's First Greek Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.

Can't download key to First Greek Book

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:15 am

Does anyone know why I can't download the answer key to the First Greek Book, if I try clicking nothing happens and if I right click and download to disk it downloads as a php file and I don't know how to open that kind of file. Can someone help me?

Also what are the two cases listed in between the singular and plural cases in the paradigms in this book? You know the D.N.A.V. and the G.D.?

Thanks, Sandy
Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

Postby benissimus » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:42 am

If you left click, it is supposed to bring you to a sign-in page where you sign in with your email to show proof of subscription to the Textkit newsletter (you need to be signed up to access answer keys). If you aren't signed up then go ahead and do it so you can access the key. Right-clicking and saving would just save the sign-in webpage, not the answer key.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae
benissimus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It still is not working...I have a MAC but I was able to dow

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:49 am

It still is not working...I have a MAC but I was able to download the book so I can't understand why I can't download the answer key. When I click on the link nothing happens.

Sandy
Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Jeff Tirey » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:29 am

Hi sandy,

sorry for the problems. This has been a bug for a small % of users. I'm going to re-write the subscribers area right now...

It should be done soon.

jeff
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't download key to First Greek Book

Postby Bert » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:41 am

Sandy wrote:

Also what are the two cases listed in between the singular and plural cases in the paradigms in this book? You know the D.N.A.V. and the G.D.?

Thanks, Sandy

The D stands for Dual. (It compares with S and P for singular and plural)
One set of endings are used for the (N)ominative, (A)ccusative and (V)ocative , and another set of endings for (G)enitive and (D)ative.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

thanks

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:16 pm

Thanks for the help....I still can't download the key but I now remember reading about this dual case in this chapter and the mystery is solved.

Thank you, Sandy
Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

Postby mingshey » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:32 am

The Key seems to be yet in progress. So it won't make great difference if you can't download it now. You'd better try your own and post your work with a request for help. ;)
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Return to First Greek Book - White