Intro

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Intro

Post by ingrid70 »

Hi all,<br /><br />I've been reading this forum for some time, and have decided to join in. My name's Ingrid, I'm Dutch, and I'm currently making my umptieth attempt at learning Latin.<br /><br />I've head three years of Latin at high school level, where I read some Caesar and Ovid, i.e. spending more time reading the dictionary than the actual text. Somehow learning vocab didn't seem important at the age of 14:). The book focused entirely on translation from Latin into Dutch. <br /><br />A couple of years later I came across an old Latin schoolbook from the early 50's. At that time morphology (i.e.: everything to do with separate words: declensions, conjugations, comparison etc.) was taught by translating from Dutch into Latin, and I liked that: hey, I could learn to write Latin. So I scoured the secondhand bookshops for more old schoolbooks, and I have a small collections of them now. I also bought a copy of my old schoolbook, to make sure I had some examples of Latin (the old books are Dutch-Latin only). That was my second attempt. I got quite far that time, but life's other concerns took over. <br /><br />I tried a few times to start again (that's me, I like starting over, I don't take it up where I left it last time), but didn't get far.<br /><br />But now I've discovered the internet as a source of Latin, and this time I've added speaking to my list of would-like-to-be-able-to's. Dutch schoolbooks, unfortunately, give hardly any attention to pronunciation or vowel length, so I've started all over again with D'Ooge, paying extra attention to pronunciation. <br /><br />Some day I'll be able to read, write and speak Latin...I hope.<br /><br />Valete, Ingrid<br /><br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:Intro

Post by Episcopus »

;D<br />Bonus est vir D'ooge, et copia diligentiae habet. Is dat Episcopo multus!<br /><br />Welcome