Palm Pilot Latin Grammar Books

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
MOVERLY
Textkit Neophyte

Palm Pilot Latin Grammar Books

Post by MOVERLY »

I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone, but I wanted a way to have at least one good grammar book available for reference on my Palm Pilot. I also wanted the ability to edit the text to add my own references. This meant that just downloading the pdf version would not be helpful. I ended up running the Allen and Greenough book through a very sophisticated OCR application and turning it into an editable Word document. Then I broke the file into four parts and installed it on my Palm Pilot. Works great. If anyone is interested, I would be pleased to make this available to others.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit!

Wow, a whole grammar reference on a Palm! That's neat. But I can't imagine myself pulling out my Palm to lookup Latin stuff. If I'm working on Latin, I'd rather pull out a book and flip through that instead of straining my eyes on my PDA.

MOVERLY
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MOVERLY »

I travel quite a bit. That's why I wanted the ability to carry a grammar with me. It gives me the ability to quickly look up a point of grammar anywhere. I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.

Visigoth
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Visigoth »

I would like a copy of that . . . . I use Super Memo to quiz myself on vocabulary.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

MOVERLY wrote:I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.

Where did you download/buy this? I'm thinking this might be a neater way to study on the go instead of carrying actualy flash cards that can get damaged/lost.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

mariek wrote:
MOVERLY wrote:I also have an extensive set of vocabularly flashcards for use on the Palm Pilot.

Where did you download/buy this? I'm thinking this might be a neater way to study on the go instead of carrying actualy flash cards that can get damaged/lost.
Only if you have a Palm Pilot. :lol:

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I'm halfway there, I already have a Palm! It's an old one though. I even have a newer one and played with it for a few weeks, but never fully made the transition from the older one to the newer one.

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I have two palms. I was born with them. They haven't really helped in learning Latin or Greek though, except by supporting my fingers.

Visigoth
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Visigoth »

So can you upload that Word doc ? ? ? ?

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

They can uphold a book (for geeks: that's a Word doc printed on paper), but if it is uploaded depends on the state of my cpu (erm...brain) :wink: .

Ingrid

Johny Ze
Textkit Neophyte

Program

Post by Johny Ze »

I would love to get my hands on this program moverly if you can make it available for us. That would be sweet!!!