Logging into the forum

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mariek
Global Moderator

Logging into the forum

Post by mariek »

The oddest thing just happened. Has anyone else ever experienced this ? Maybe it's just the forum weeding out people like me who ask too many silly questions !! :-\<br /><br />I tried logging into the forum, it would show I was logged in, but when I viewed a message thread it changed my status back to Guest... so when I tried to post to the forum, it would ask me to login. When I login again it bumps me up to the main page enumerating the available forums but show that I'm logged in. Then I'd spiral down to a message thread and I'm back to Guest again. Grr.... so I did this recursively a few times until I got really tired of it.<br /><br />Clearing my browser cache didn't seem to make a difference. I ended up rebooting my computer (which is the story of my life anyways)..<br /><br />

annis
Textkit Zealot

Re:Logging into the forum

Post by annis »

I think this is a cookie confusion problem. It has happened to me a few times.<br /><br />It usually goes away if I completely quit my browser, then start it up again.<br /><br />
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Logging into the forum

Post by mariek »

<br />Ah, well it's good to know I'm not the only one. I didn't try closing the browser and then relaunching it because it was time for me to reboot the pc. I will try closing/relaunching the browser the next time this happens to see whether that ameliorates things. The other thing that crossed my mind was the possibility of browser flavor being more susceptible to this. I was using Mozilla yesterday. I told myself that I'd try using Internet Explorer today, but I launched Mozilla this morning out of habit.<br /><br /><br />