New Textkit URL

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

New Textkit URL

Post by mingshey »

Hi, Jeff!
You got www. out of the Textkit URL! Nice it is. And I like the URL icon, too. :)

Moerus
Textkit Fan

Post by Moerus »

When I log in to the side, I marke the button with 'log on automaticly on each visit', but it doesn't work, though I don't delete my cookies. Do you have these problems too?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I had that problem for a really long time too recently. Fortunately it just cleared up 2 days ago, right after I did clear my cookies. I don't know if that was post hoc, but you might try that. I was getting pretty fast at typing my password though...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I had such a problem when I was using "mozilla" instead of "netscape", on a different machine. But I don't think it's due to the browser itself. The network environment must have been different.

By the way, I found the new url while I was googling for a subject, and google found a link to textkit forum and it had the url that lacked "www." in it. And the url bar of the browser held a small icon in front of the url. Before that, I was curious why I couldn't see the textkit title banner any more. Now I can see the new banner, too. But it looks that jeff has not changed all the internal links.

Moerus
Textkit Fan

Post by Moerus »

OK, thank you. I will delete my cookies, let's see if it works in Belgium too, :lol:

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

My computer hasn't acted up on Textkit in months, now that I've gotten nicely used to the new-what would you call it? The new look and buttons and everything.
benissimus wrote: I was getting pretty fast at typing my password though...

I also keep myself signed in all the time...I'm not sure I even remember my password. :? If I ever need it, I'll have a problem. :D

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

mingshey wrote:I had such a problem when I was using "mozilla" instead of "netscape", on a different machine. But I don't think it's due to the browser itself. The network environment must have been different.

Could it possibly be that you have Mozilla set to NOT save passwords?
Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Passwords.