Hello from Belgrade,Serbia

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
aemilia paula
Textkit Neophyte

Hello from Belgrade,Serbia

Post by aemilia paula »

I want to say hello to u.I am first time on this forum.It is great.Sorry for my bad english.Is there anyone from Serbia?Grettings :D

phil
Textkit Fan

Post by phil »

Hello aemilia paula!
Welcome here. Which language are you studying - Latin or Greek (or both)? I hope you find this site helpful.
Phil

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome to Textkit! It's always fun to see new people here. Enjoy yourself, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

(Oh, and don't apologize for your English. You should hear my Serbo-Croatian! :wink: )

Keesa

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Welcome. I am confident you will enjoy yourself.
I am always amazed how well people from different parts of the world can get along in the English language.
Keesa wrote:

(Oh, and don't apologize for your English. You should hear my Serbo-Croatian! :wink: )

Keesa
Good one Keesa.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Hi there, and welcome!

I don't think there's anyone else here from Serbia - but that's cool; this is a great place for meeting people from other countries with classical interests. I'm probably the only one from Mauritius...

Feel free to let me or any of the moderators know if you're having any trouble with the forums.

Enjoy your time here!
~(* Raya

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on this board...:)

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Hi, Aemilia!
Have a nice time here. My English is also poor but I'm enjoying here , too, in other members' tolerance(or annoyance :P).

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Welcome Aemilia to this great forum! Never even try to say that your English is poor; you can't even see my Serbo Croatian because it does not exist in my head!! :wink:

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from Belgrade,Serbia

Post by mariek »

Hi Aemilia! Welcome to Textkit! Are you learning Latin or Greek? Don't forget to take a look at the resources available for download from this site. Just click on the "Learn Ancient Greek" and "Learn Latin" links above.

Don't worry about your English, it's fine. It's great that you can speak more than one language... unlike many Americans who can barely speak one! :lol:

aemilia paula
Textkit Neophyte

Post by aemilia paula »

HI.Thank u all for welcome me and offering help.It is so geat to talk with people from other countries,continents,people who speak different languages and belong to diffrent cultures and religions about things they like and have in common.
i am studing both,latin and greek.These is my 4 th year (the last) on the University.My groUP is a part of Pholosophical Faculty and here we call it The Classical Filology.How do u call it and on what kind of faculty is it in uor s countries?
In Serbia tonight we are celebratin so called Ortodox New Year and I wish u all the best from my little country.
DUM VIVO,SPERO! :P

aemilia paula
Textkit Neophyte

Post by aemilia paula »

Hi.I want to say thank u all very much for welcome me.I am very glad too because here are people from different countries and even continents,people which speak diffrent languages and belong to many religions and cultures,but still have a lot of in common,especially love for ancient world.I am studing both,latin and greek, on Belgrade University.This is my 4th (the last) year of learning these languages.I am satisfied with my erudition,but still it can always be better.My group is a part of Filosophical Faculcy,named Classical Filology.We have very good professors and students,too, and everybody here does its work with great energy and passion.It is amazing cause in Serbia on the first place are still profitable jobs ( e.g.different managers of...),especially among young people, and ancient languages are not one of those.Many of that materialistic men do not have a clue what am I studing. The most of them have never heard for my group and ask me silly questions like: "Oh,where did u find that?" or "What will u do with that one day?" I get used of it .I am very proud doing things I like very much and that doesnt have any price for me.
We have many problems here like supply of new books,grammars,translation,computers,even classrooms(my group is placed in one very old building- from 18...and very beautifull,but we dont have much space there),but we are giving every day the best of ourselves to win the victory over difficulties and try to do the best we can.
I am interested in yours opinion and experience.How society,common people and uor state look at things u are studing?And on what kind of faculty in uor countries is these group?How u call it?
Thank u all again for answeres and offering help.In Serbia tonight we are celebrating so called The Orthodox New Year and I wish u all the best for my little country.
DUM VIVO,SPERO!
Post scriptum_Sorry for posting two similar messages.I am stll learning.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I can totally understand what it's like - most people not looking beyond the *usefulness* of the study. At least here there is a community of people who don't think that way.

For myself, I live in a country where Classics is *dead*. I am studying Greek privately at the moment, and hope to go to England to study Philosophy and Greek. However, my acceptance at university there depends on my obtaining certain results in my Greek exams in May...

Anyway, that's me. I hope you enjoyed your Orthodox New Year celebrations!

PS> Don't worry about posting twice. In fact, you can delete any of your own posts by clicking the little 'x' button in the top right-hand corner.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Here in the South, Classics is pretty much a dead study. I know one person who thought about learning Latin once in their life, but they never got beyond thinking of it. I don't know anyone else who would even think about it. People don't look at me strangely when I say I'm studying them, but I don't know if that's because they regard it as a normal study (for someone else), or if nothing I do surprises them anymore. :wink: