Agora Forum

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
mariek
Global Moderator

Agora Forum

Post by mariek »

I just have a really simple/stupid question about the Agora forum.<br /><br />It looks like a place to practice and convense in Latin, that part seems obvious. However there is one thread titled "[font=SPIonic]w)= Rai/a[/font]" which I'm confused about... the posts don't even look like they're in Latin ?? ???<br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re:Agora Forum

Post by benissimus »

You have to download the Greek font to read those correctly. If you have a desire to do so, go to the Greek forum and check out the top sticky post.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

OIC. Maybe I'll check that out in the future, I think I'll get thoroughly confused if I look at Greek right now. My hands are full enough with Latin ! ::)

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Just LOOKING at it won't hurt :P<br />Besides, you have to learn the alphabet before you can even be confused as to what the sentences mean!
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Ok, I'll take a lookie tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime and I'm too tired to futz with the pc cuz anything that (in theory) takes x minutes to complete will invariable require 5x minutes after ironing out the wrinkles !<br /><br />But you said I'd have to learn a new alphabet ? Hmmm... how hard can that be ? I managed to learn how to type on a Dvorak keyboard... can it be more difficult than that ?<br /><br />How do you say "good night" in Latin ? Since I haven't learned that yet, I will end with .... buona notte...<br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Ooooh.... I just installed the font. Wicked cool ! 8) I can see the Greek letters in the messages now, but the font doesn't seem to work one level up in the message title. <br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I can read the Greek letters but only know episkopos. In school it's basically a funky code and is class. It looks impressive, who is to know that I in fact can not write Ancient Greek?