Textkit Link Drive

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Textkit Link Drive

Post by Jeff Tirey »

The fall semester is just around the corner and I need to drum up some attention for Textkit. While you obviously know about the site, Textkit is still very new in the online classics community and really has had low visibility in the academic community.<br /><br />If you are able to do so, adding a link to our site is most appreciated. In-bound links will help increase our search engine results with Google and higher search results spell more Greek and Latin learning.<br /><br />So if you're able to link - that's appreciated. If you don't have a web site, there are still ways you can help out. Perhaps suggest our link to your school, local library or wherever else you think appropriate.<br /><br />Please don't suggest our site in discussion groups and forums unless a relevant discussion is taking place - otherwise it can be considered spam.<br /><br />as always, much appreciated.<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Textkit Link Drive

Post by Carola »

Jeff, I am doing a degree by correspondence and have given Textkit's web address to our lecturer for class information. Your site is wonderful for people outside USA and UK as we have to send away for text books and many people in the more remote areas of Australia would find it difficult to get to a good library. However we can nearly all get internet access - when I travel around there are many places hundreds of kilometres away from the nearest mobile phone base, but you can always pick up your email on one of the computers in the local Post Office for a very cheap rate. So I always know what the Textkit crew is up to even when I am out in the bush! <br />I will also pass on the site address to other students here in Adelaide.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

thank you! It is nice to hear how the site works for students in different learning environments.<br /><br />jeff<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

Erica
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Erica »

Hi Jeff<br />You know I am doing post-bac. work in Classics at the University of Oregon whilst I work here full time -- I would love to print out some kind of flier or perhaps even the textkit home page and post it on the bulletin board here...also I believe there is a newsletter here which will come out in the fall, and I will add the URL to the list they publish...I love textkit! :D

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I'm glad you like it. The forum is really picking up and we are starting to get more serious about preparing quality tutorials.<br /><br />Yes, A flyer is a great idea and we tossed that around awhile back. I should make one soon, just a simple one page flyer in PDF for anyone who wishes to print and post on the school bulletin boards.<br /><br />If you're at Uni of Oregon don't forget too to request a link to us. Inbounds links are really what we are after because they increase search results.<br /><br />I'm also considering writing a little code to syndicate our links. That way outside web sites could have a listing of the Textkit library on their site which would all link back to our detials page.<br /><br /><br />thanks again,<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Hi Jeff,<br /><br />I just wanted to mention that mea alter ego has added a link in another corner of the internet, I hope this helps drum up business. I really love what you've done here. <br /><br />I was wondering ... how long has this site been in existence ?<br />

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

much appreciated! it is so hard to get inbound links and it is links that improve search rankings.<br /><br />I made my first post (north and hillard) in February of 2001. <br /><br />We had six visitors that month.. things have picked up a bit since then :-)<br /><br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=210;start=0#1284 date=1058059255]<br />We had six visitors that month.. things have picked up a bit since then :-)[/quote]<br />They certainly have! Well, this forum has certainly come a long way in a little over two years, and I hope things pick up exponentially...<br />