Traditional Greek Costume

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Traditional Greek Costume

Post by Elucubrator »

This post is really a response to the one called Avatars by Jeff on the Forum Guidelines board; those are always locked messages. <br /><br />Anyway, the traditional male Greek costume is..... no costume at all. Some brilliant quotes from Oscar Wilde are a propos here:<br /><br /> To be truly medieval one must have no body;<br /> To be truly modern one must have no soul;<br /> To be truly Greek one must have.... no clothes. :)<br /><br /><br /> One must either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.<br /><br />I'm on the side of the Greeks in this, remember the motto:<br /><br />Mind and Body<br /><br />We should all strive to emulate the Greeks in this and seek to better ourselves in every way. <br /><br />-S.

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Traditional Greek Costume

Post by Milito »

Unfortunately, for about 10 months of the year, one can't be "truly Greek" and live in most parts of Canada simultaneously - unless one wants to start a most interesting frostbite collection!<br /><br />Kilmeny (I'm with the yaks - grow thy hair long, thick and VERY shaggy!)

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:Traditional Greek Costume

Post by Raya »

Why am I not surprised at this coming from you, Seba? ;D<br /><br />Oh well... so much for me with my chita kai peploi. Yes, I do make them myself - not that that's much to brag about; just pin it in the right places, tie the cord around your waist and you're done! They're actually pretty good for the summer weather here...