Textkit Logo

Traditional Greek Costume

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Traditional Greek Costume

Postby Elucubrator » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:45 pm

This post is really a response to the one called Avatars by Jeff on the Forum Guidelines board; those are always locked messages. <br /><br />Anyway, the traditional male Greek costume is..... no costume at all. Some brilliant quotes from Oscar Wilde are a propos here:<br /><br /> To be truly medieval one must have no body;<br /> To be truly modern one must have no soul;<br /> To be truly Greek one must have.... no clothes. :)<br /><br /><br /> One must either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.<br /><br />I'm on the side of the Greeks in this, remember the motto:<br /><br />Mind and Body<br /><br />We should all strive to emulate the Greeks in this and seek to better ourselves in every way. <br /><br />-S.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re:Traditional Greek Costume

Postby Milito » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:37 pm

Unfortunately, for about 10 months of the year, one can't be "truly Greek" and live in most parts of Canada simultaneously - unless one wants to start a most interesting frostbite collection!<br /><br />Kilmeny (I'm with the yaks - grow thy hair long, thick and VERY shaggy!)
phpbb
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Traditional Greek Costume

Postby Raya » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:50 pm

Why am I not surprised at this coming from you, Seba? ;D<br /><br />Oh well... so much for me with my chita kai peploi. Yes, I do make them myself - not that that's much to brag about; just pin it in the right places, tie the cord around your waist and you're done! They're actually pretty good for the summer weather here...
phpbb
Raya
Textkit Fan

Return to Open Board