from the new, greek composition board...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

from the new, greek composition board...

Post by mingshey »

about this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1077

I'll have to skip the replies(especially of those advanced members like chad) at first and try my own. :? :(

Correct or almost correct answers come too early. :(

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I missed the first round, but I posted my answers for the 2nd round. I think they're all wrong :P . It's funny how everyone's answers are different.

chad
Textkit Zealot

Post by chad »

hi mingshey, please don't call me advanced, i'm pretty much a complete beginner... i should have introduced myself better earlier... i only started learning greek and latin in august 2002, after finishing my law and arts (philosophy) double degree... at uni i read heaps of greek authors and studied the history of greek music and science &c, but like all of you i want to read those guys in the original, so my law firm let me continue working as a paralegal for an extra year before starting as a law grad/lawyer, so that i'd have some time to learn greek + latin before starting my career. i was still working pretty much full time tho as a paralegal, so all my study was on trains, weekends, at lunchtimes &c... in august this year i started working in the mergers and acqs area (always quite busy) so lunchtime with pharr, learning from textkit &c is all the study i can do at the moment...

so when emma_85, annis &c posted their exercise 2 answers, i looked them up straight away in perseus and discovered for the first time the better verbs they used... if you feel like a beginner mingshey then we're in the same boat :) :)

cheers, chad. :)

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Oh, thanks, chad! ;)
Anyway, I feel as if I'm cheating when I see other answers first. :(