hi everyone!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Emma_85
Global Moderator

hi everyone!

Post by Emma_85 »

hi all!<br /><br />I'm Emma and go to a german state grammar, where i'm in the middle of doing the abitur (sort of like A-levels only with 12 subjects, which is just nightmare). <br />i am english, my dad had to move to germany cause of work, though.<br /><br />i've had Latin as a main subject (that means 5 hours a week) for 5 years, since i was 10. at abitur level i've only had it for 3 hours a week for the past year. <br />(i failed this year miserably in my latin translation. i got a mark 2 (15 is top mark, 0 worst, and 3 and below are a fail, but in the Abitur it's like 4 and below is a fail). but my interpretation was really good, i got a 10 on it, which is really, really good considering i messed up the translation (i had to interpret the text i had translated, so well... all i could do was to try and forget what i had translated and just guess what it might actually have been about by looking at the vocabulary...) <br /><br />i'm much better in ancient greek, and i also prefer the language. i've had it as a main subject for the last three years and it's one of my three main subjects, that i take for abitur. just finished translating the whole of the apology, i'm fed up of plato now ;). but next year we'll be doing homer, though i'm a bit uncertain about the language he uses. hope i get the hang of it...

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Re:hi everyone!

Post by Episcopus »

Wie geht's? ich heiße Episcopus, und komme aus GroßBritanien......<br />Ich kann nicht glauben, daß du 12 Fächer studieren mußt.<br /><br />ich darf nur 4 Fächer studieren!<br /><br /><br /> :-X willkommen<br />

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

Good luck with the rest of the abitur. I wish high school here was like that. It sounds like fun. :) What did you have to translate?

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

well i wish i didn't have to take all those subjects, it's a lot of hard work. so is latin, it's not really fun, i hate the language actually (shouldn't have said that, should i? as i'm on a latin website lol).<br />in latin, let see, what have we translated so far... (not all of it of course, we skiped unimportant or boring bits)<br /><br />well we translated the biography of alkibiates (dunno by who), the metamorphosis by ovid ars amatoria by ovid, de bello gallico by caesar, catilinae coniuratio by sallust and quite a bit of Catull and Cicero, too. <br /><br />in greek we haven't done that much so far, only a few of Lysias' speeches and the apology (the whole of the apology, though). we've just started with phaidon but aren't going to finish it. next year we'll be translating the odyssey.