Can't contain my curiosity ;)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Can't contain my curiosity ;)

Post by Bert »

I am wondering how Emma_85 got a hold of my photographs she is using for her avatar. I don't mind her using them but I usually keep a low profile :lol:

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

:lol:

I like the current one she's using.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

:P

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

So I'm guessing, you like Jonny Depp? What about that girl in that Pirates movie :shock:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

So I'm guessing, you like Jonny Depp?
A very astute observation, Episcopus.

Dunno about that girl, what about her? :wink:

I still don't have the DVD of Pirates of the Caribbean :cry: , but instead I watched Chocolate on TV on Sunday (on ZDF, that means no annoying ads :D ).

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Emma_85 wrote:
So I'm guessing, you like Jonny Depp?
A very astute observation, Episcopus.

Dunno about that girl, what about her? :wink:

I still don't have the DVD of Pirates of the Caribbean :cry: , but instead I watched Chocolate on TV on Sunday (on ZDF, that means no annoying ads :D ).
Yes, very astute. As a matter of fact it says it right here:
That's what clued me in at least...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

The first time I came across the name 'Johnny Depp' was on Emma's avatar.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Me, too.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

that tells me that neither of you have seen Benny and Joon, which is a fantastic comedy. Johnny plays a slightly imbalanced person who falls in love with a mentally disturbed girl, and their antics are hilarious.

excellent. I highly recommend it.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I can't quite remember if it always said I want Johnny Depp... cause in my in-box I've still got this PM hanging about (well in word actually):
Who is your icon a picture of? He's quite striking, whoever he is.
:D

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

I guess most of you are too young to remember Johnny Depp in the TV series "21 Jump Street". :roll:

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

uh steven read my 'guess' again

Is he supposed to be attractive or you just like his music? Ancient Greek people should like deep, intelligent matter :wink:

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

mariek wrote:I guess most of you are too young to remember Johnny Depp in the TV series "21 Jump Street". :roll:
oh, a friend of mine used to watch that, but I don't remember if I ever did...

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

mariek wrote:I guess most of you are too young to remember Johnny Depp in the TV series "21 Jump Street". :roll:
I was going to say the same thing - that's the gun swinging, thug-busting, late for home room Depp I remember.
Textkit Founder

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Is he supposed to be attractive or you just like his music?
Maybe one day I'll download some from Kazaa, but right now I'm more interested in his films :wink: .
Let me think... he's on two of Oasis albums, he's also played with Shane McGowan and I'm not sure this band still exists, but he's sort of in a band named 'P' together with Gibby Haynes (Butthols Surfers), Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) and Bill Cater, Sal Jenco and Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Anyway the pic is a still from Chocolat.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Emma_85 wrote:I can't quite remember if it always said I want Johnny Depp... cause in my in-box I've still got this PM hanging about (well in word actually):
Is that from one of mine? It sounds like it is. I do remember that I sent you a question like that several weeks/months ago. If so, I'm afraid it doesn't prove anything, because I'm bad about not putting obvious things together...I think your reply was, "That's Johnny Depp. Look at my message under my avatar." :D

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Just as a note-I came very close to watching Pirates of the Carribean this weekend (I was at a friend's party) but I was outvoted, and we watched Finding Nemo instead. Go figure.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Keesa wrote:
Emma_85 wrote:I can't quite remember if it always said I want Johnny Depp... cause in my in-box I've still got this PM hanging about (well in word actually):
Is that from one of mine? It sounds like it is. I do remember that I sent you a question like that several weeks/months ago. If so, I'm afraid it doesn't prove anything, because I'm bad about not putting obvious things together...I think your reply was, "That's Johnny Depp. Look at my message under my avatar." :D
Actually I was the one who sent it :twisted:
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Really? Our minds work in similar ways, then...at least on some things. It sounds very much like something I would have said.

So...if it's yours, does it prove anything? :D

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

The quote above is from Keesa (on: September 06, 2003, 03:19:24 PM) actually :P.
I now have Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD (my aunt sent it to me, cause it's not out yet on DVD in Germany, maybe because it's still in the cinemas?), but it looks like something is wrong with the DVD, sometimes the picture goes all strange, but there's no scratch on the disc and it's only in certain scenes :cry: . If we have to send it back I think they should pay for all the post and package too!

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Oh, poor Emma! I hate it when I get something that I'm waiting for, then I have to send it back because it's not working right...

Perhaps my brother will get Pirates of the Carribean. Then I would be able to see it.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I just like that fair fair girl in it...whoever she be...anas pulcherrima :lol:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Didn't she play in StarWars 1, too?

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Emma_85 wrote:Didn't she play in StarWars 1, too?
not if you're thinking of the princess (unless she played some other part I don't know about). She does remind me of Natalie Portman though.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

"Her" name, if we're thinking of the same person, is Kiera Knightley, and supposedly she did play in Phantom Menace. She also played what's-her-name in the remake of Dr. Zhivago and she starred in another movie...I can't remember which one.

I remember because I liked the way she looked in the picture I saw of her (on the website link Emma sent me :wink: ), and ever since then it seems she's turned up everywhere. I had never heard of her before that...

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Episcopus wrote:I've seen her nude.
You must really like ducks (anates).

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

It was in an excellent british production "Henry VIII". I won't go into the explicit details but she was one of the wives, the complacent and arrogant one. I quote "What man would not be attracted to me..."
True true...but I bet she sucks at latin :D

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

I never thought about it like that... I mean that people may want to watch the film because of her... :roll:
Well I suppose the big difference between her and other pretty faces is that she can actually act :) .

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I was eager to watch Henry VIII anyway because it was another great British drama production.

Actress or not I still can't respect them :lol:

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

You crazy Bishop, you're on your 1000th post right now. Maybe you should stop posting for awhile to preserve the honor... :lol:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Yes, stop posting here! :wink:
:D Congratulations to 1000 posts!

Just worked out it's not the DVD that's wrong, but my DVD player :cry: . Seems the DVD has an anti-piracy something on it and Disney only bothered to test it with top of the range DVD players and not with the cheapest ones like mine. But the DVD plays fine on my PC :? ...