bingley wrote:Could someone check these English to Latin translations, please. The topics for this unit are:
Verbs taking the dative
1. Will anyone pardon him? He will not be pardoned by anyone.
2. I don't prefer anyone to her. She is a great aid to me.
3. What was happening yesterday on land and sea?
In terris et mari quid heri fiebat?
4. He said that he would please each man whom he had praised.
Dixit se cuique a se laudato placiturum.
5. If anyone should shout that there is danger here, there would be a great running in the streets; the consul would put the legate in command of the people in order that the ruler may be obeyed.
bingley wrote:Hmm. I obviously haven't quite got the hang of these pronouns yet. Can you recommend a good online explanation with plenty of examples, or is it just one of those things you have to pick up from exposure to the language?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests