best way to learn...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Tyr
Textkit Neophyte

best way to learn...

Post by Tyr »

Hi there,

I'm new to this place and teaching myself languages, so I was wondering if any of you had any comments, idea, helpful hints etc

Tyr

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I recommend starting a new thread to introduce yourself. Tell us more about where you are at in your language studies, and what in particular you'd like help with. Aside from that, be sure to post in the greek and latin study boards if you have specific questions about either, and someone will be able to help you!

Welcome here.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

oops, my mistake, I didn't realize this *is* a new thread. We had one with the same topic recently... :)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome to Textkit!

There is one simple way to learn languages that works better than any other way in the world, regardless of your personal study preferences. This is to study them. Set time aside every day to study. (I imagine you knew that already, but it bears repeating from time to time.)

My second bit of advice would be not to give up if you find yourself going increasingly long amounts of time without studying. (Believe me, I speak from experience.)

And, here ends my language-studying advice. Study every day, and don't give up if you don't.

Textkit is a great place because they will nag you if you haven't been studying as much as you should. (They also happen to be pleasant and helpful.)

Enjoy!