Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
lucavi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by lucavi »

Hi! I've been trying to find some resources to help me with my Latin, and I happened to wander across this gem of site. It's such a useful language, I simply can't ignore the fact I must learn it. From Italian to Japanese, and now this. It'll be one hell of a creole if I get fuddled up. XD I hope my inquiries don't agitate you! A pleasure to meet you all.

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Re: New Member

Post by paulusnb »

Salve! ( And with this greeting, I am at 200 posts!!!!!!!!!!) This is a pretty helpful site. Feel free to fire away with questions. This board has been so silent lately that you will be courted like a cheerleader for prom.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: New Member

Post by thesaurus »

Welcome to the forum!
paulusnb wrote:This board has been so silent lately that you will be courted like a cheerleader for prom.
This. For some reason people like myself are lurking around here at insane hours just waiting for chances to arise for discussing/using Latin and Greek. E.g. my post here at 3am... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9494

Part of me thinks that the forums have been quiet because it's the end of semester for a lot of people who don't have time to contribute. But I'd also expect people cramming for exams, so I don't know. It's only a matter of time until we turn upon one another like starving men adrift in a life-raft... :shock:

BTW, if you mix up your Latin, Italian and Japanese you'll hopefully end up with some good Macaronic poetry! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaronic_ ... onic_verse
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute