Salvete

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
LatinResources
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete

Post by LatinResources »

Hello Everyone,
I'm Tara, and I used to learn Latin, sadly I stopped having not had the greatest teacher :oops: , but still like to promote the subject/language. :D
Hopefully you guys can make me more enthusiastic and start to enjoy the subject.
And a quick question, how many people are interested in learn/want to learn Latin? Just out of curiosity...

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Re: Salvete

Post by Lucus Eques »

Salve!

I also had a dreadful Latin professor in college. She would actually insult the students who couldn't get the concepts; fortunately I did well, but not without many rollings of eyes and sarcastic comments (this is why tenure isn't always a good thing!). Thankfully I found a wonderful textbook recommended to me by others here at Textkit a few years ago, called LINGVA LATINA — I talk about it in the recent introduction by Jennifer:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8900

Good luck to you! The people here are incredibly thoughtful with their comments and generous with their time; they have assisted me greatly through the years.
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS