New Textbook Boards

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

New Textbook Boards

Post by Jeff Tirey »

We have added several new boards to encourage learners using specific textbooks to meet and help each other.

We're hoping the new boards will encourage more targeted discussions that are easier to find and follow and also to bring in new visitors who perhaps think that Textkit is a place for learning only through public domain grammars.

So if you're using any of these books, please begin posting in the respective boards.

thanks again!

Jeff
Textkit Founder

mariek
Global Moderator

Cool!

Post by mariek »

Thanks, Jeff! This will definitely help learners who want to easily search for discussions about the Greek/Latin book they're using. My Latin studies have been on hiatus, but I'm hoping to get back on the wagon soon and pick up where I left off.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

This is quite awesome Jeff, and a very sensible good idea.

(But why not call the Latin For Beginners by D'Ooge forum instead of the seemingly random name that it has currently, given that An Intensive Course is not called A thick time consuming disorganised course, or any other random name i.e its actual title it is called by)

:D Good man

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I like this. It's probably going to water down the posting a bit but I think it's interesting so I will probably be posting a bit more.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Episcopus wrote:(But why not call the Latin For Beginners by D'Ooge forum instead of the seemingly random name that it has currently
You are right - I was using the title from another book - I think another D'Ooge book. He authored at least 2 beginner Latin books that I'm aware of.

thanks!
jeff
Textkit Founder

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I like the new boards, Jeff! Like Mariek, there's been a hole in my studies (I've been preparing for the college-entrance ACT) but I look forward to using them as I get back into my studies. Very cool!

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Keesa - I'm glad you like them!

jeff
Textkit Founder

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

jeff wrote: You are right - I was using the title from another book - I think another D'Ooge book. He authored at least 2 beginner Latin books that I'm aware of.

thanks!
jeff
Really? :shock:

Give it to me!!!

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Jeff, I don't know how you go about moving posts from the "learning Greek" forum to the new Pharr forum. (Maybe a search for subject headers with "Pharr" in it.) There are several more that do not have Pharr in the subject header but do deal with his book. Most have "Iliad" in the header but there are others as well.
This is not meant as critisism, just a suggestion.
The new boards are helpfull in looking back to previous questions and answers.
Thanks.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Bert,

yeah, I'm slowly moving all the threads over. I like to chip away at things :-)

Glad you like the newly added boards and thanks!

jeff
Textkit Founder

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

At first I thought "great" about having separate boards for each book, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I hope it's not going to turn out that only those people who are using a particular book look at the board. Even those who aren't using the book can chip in with interesting/useful comments if the person making the original post gives enough information about what the problem they're having is.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Regardless of which book they're using, people are always encountering problems where the solution is helpful to me. I read all the posts, on each board.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I read all of the posts as well, except the Greek ones that are way ahead of me (because I can't even begin to understand what they are talking about) and I also avoid a lot of the degenerated posts. :?

But really, I love to help people with their Latin, no matter what book they use. As long as they ask a question and want an answer, anyone with enough knowledge can help them, as long as it isn't REALLY book-specific.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae