Textkit Logo

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Postby ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:48 am

I just wanted to formally say hello to everyone and to say how glad that this place exists. I look forward to many a winter's night in front of my computer, slogging through my D'Ooge and discussing the finer points of grammar or literature with all of you. Why not some Claudian made available some day or Ammiannus Marcellinus?
ALANVS
phpbb
ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA
Textkit Neophyte

Postby benissimus » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:52 am

Welcome! We need more Latin learners around here... I was afraid we would be overrun with Greeks forever...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae
benissimus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Member

Postby Carola » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:16 am

ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA wrote: I look forward to many a winter's night in front of my computer, slogging through my D'Ooge .....
ALANVS

I guess that in Nova Scotia you get plenty of long winter nights! Welcome - & I agree with Benissimus - we could do with some more Latinists :wink:
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: New Member

Postby mariek » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:10 am

Welcome to Textkit! You'll find some other people who are working through D'Ooge ... you guys can help each other. :D
mariek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keesa » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:14 pm

Welcome to Textkit!
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Postby Episcopus » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:15 pm

Hey Bit like!

It's quite ironic that, in Britain, the Greek Classical A-Level numbers were at 276! Nationwide! Whereas Latin students totalled around 10,000.
It seems that Greek students are zealots whereas Latinists are more abundant but are taught in class rather than having to 'resort' to a dark-horse rarity like textkit.

Anyhow, I do also be working through B.L.D and am 7 pages away from the Constructions part (subjunctive yay!).
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Postby Clemens » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:25 pm

Welcome :)
Clemens
Textkit Member

Return to Open Board