Hello everyone!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
ZSlon
Textkit Neophyte

Hello everyone!

Post by ZSlon »

I am a sudent learning ancient Chinese and history.For a occasional chance I found this Web and soon be fond of it as I am very interested in ancient culture. :)

In my country only English courses are provided in junior and high schools.We have little chances to get to other languages saying nothing to Latin even ancient Greek.And now I`ve prepared to set a course of ancient Greek by the abundant datas here,so I can read the ancient Greek literatures to feel its original spirit.Of course,I`ll also get to Latin in the future.

Sincerely wish to make friends here coming from all over the world who have the same tastes with me.I like English football and watching football games.My favourite team is Arsenal in London.Its showily technical style makes me infatuated.

Anybody likes Chinese culture and language can communicate with me.I hope and be glad to make you have a more general understanding of my country.
:wink:
Last edited by ZSlon on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
路漫漫其修?兮,?將上下而求索。

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

Welcome to Textkit! There are many of us here teaching ourselves Greek and Latin, so you've come to the right place.

I visited China, albeit briefly, a few years ago and I thought your country to be both beautiful and inviting.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

ZSlon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ZSlon »

Thank you for your input and welcome you to China again.There are so many beautiful places in China that a briefly journey will make you miss to many. :) I hope your next visiting to China will come true in the near future.

In addition,as a beginer,my knowledge of ancient Greek and Latin is just like blank paper....Although the site provides several kinds of textbooks but I still have no ideas about which to choose. :cry:

So,can you or any other learners here give me some suggestions to choose a appropriate one?

Thanks again~!
路漫漫其修?兮,?將上下而求索。