Greek Mythology help?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Greek Mythology help?

Post by Ireclan »

I'm really into Greek mythology at the moment, and am trying really hard to read the Iliad and Odyssey of Homer (Lattimore translation). Unfortunately, I don't always understand the fine points of the narrative, resulting in me having incomplete knowledge. This, of course, irritates me. So, in conclusion, does anyone know of any good Greek mythology communities? I tried Mythography, but their forums seem rather disused.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

I have found Theoi.com pretty reliable in the past.

You can, of course, post questions here with a reasonable chance of useful answers. ;)
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

annis wrote:I have found Theoi.com pretty reliable in the past.

You can, of course, post questions here with a reasonable chance of useful answers. ;)
Thank you for this! That website looks very interesting and useful... not to mention one of the best visual presentations I've seen in some time.

Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ireclan »

Well, perhaps I should have been more specific. I'm looking for a community of fellow Greek Myth lovers. I've tried Mythography and another Myth site, but both seem ill-used. I will, of course, try posting here as a last resort (after all, this is not a mythology forum).

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Ireclan wrote: I will, of course, try posting here as a last resort (after all, this is not a mythology forum).
The open board handles a whole hodge podge of questions; that includes mythology.