Textkit Logo

Different personalities

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Different personalities

Postby Banana tree » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:57 pm

- when your personality prevent you from behaving like you want.

Hello philosophers ... or psychologists. :)

I constantly feel that there are things which I want to do but can't because of my personality. Mostly I enjoy to talk only when it's necessary and be a little reserved. Whereas I sometimes not at all want to be the one "I" am - I want to wear weird clothes which people notice, be arrogant, cocky - be the center of attention. But the normal I don't want to be associated with this other I.

Am I completely nuts or have somebody felt in the same way? And what did you do?

(Hmm... Perhaps I just should stop thinking on weird things and continue study Latin? :P)
Banana tree
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Ireclan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:44 am

Well, like you, I'm reserved. And yes, I sometimes wish I could act differently than I am. I always feel like I'm following a "personality script" myself. This script governs how I act. I sometimes wish I could get along without it, but then I would be totally lost. I wouldn't know how to react to situations.

I think it all boils down to whether how you want to act is acceptable to you. If it is (ie you see nothing morally wrong with it) then DO IT. But that requires courage, which is in short supply with me. So I continue to follow the script.
Ireclan
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Open Board