hahaha

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
benissimus
Global Moderator

hahaha

Post by benissimus »

I know Jeff is working on the new forum but...

"Most users ever online was 17 on 31 Dec 1969 05:00"
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: hahaha

Post by mariek »

benissimus wrote:I know Jeff is working on the new forum but...

"Most users ever online was 17 on 31 Dec 1969 05:00"

Bet you didn't know he was already working on Textkit from the day he was born! :D

Mine says 21:00; I guess we have our prefs set for different times. Mine is set for GMT-3. Hmmm... I could have sworn it used to be GMT-8. :? I just changed it, and now it says 16:00. Which time zone are you in?

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

It's very interesting ... this software doesn't automatically adjust for daylight savings, so I need to set my time to GMT-7!

Somebody remind me to change it on Oct 26th....

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Hmmm...mine says:

Most users ever online was 17 on 01 Jan 1970 00:00

And to think how many posts everyone would have had in 33 years...

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

mariek wrote:
It's very interesting ... this software doesn't automatically adjust for daylight savings, so I need to set my time to GMT-7!

Somebody remind me to change it on Oct 26th....
That's cuz it's not software; it's simply a web application and does not have the capabilities that your regular computer software does. When using mysql you don't get the benefit of "stored procedures" to check for things like daylight savings time, so automated processes like that end up being a huge pain in the butt. :)

Did the last forum automatically adjust? If it did, I'd be interested in knowing how that was set up...

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

klewlis wrote: Did the last forum automatically adjust? If it did, I'd be interested in knowing how that was set up...

I'm not sure but I thought the old forum autoadjusted. Maybe I just imagined it.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

mariek wrote:
I'm not sure but I thought the old forum autoadjusted. Maybe I just imagined it.
It does. Check out your profile. The forum keeps everything in GMT, and it consults your profile for an adjustment. In my case, GMT -5 gives me the local time.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

right, but does it twice a year adjust those timezones which have daylight savings, and leave the ones that don't?

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

annis wrote: It does. Check out your profile. The forum keeps everything in GMT, and it consults your profile for an adjustment. In my case, GMT -5 gives me the local time.

On the old forum, I had it set to GMT-8 and it autoadjusted for daylight savings.

On this new forum, I had to manually adjust it to GMT-7 for daylight savings.

On a separate topic ... I also have my current profile set to "French" but everything is still in English.

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

On a separate topic ... I also have my current profile set to "French" but everything is still in English.
I have the same problem, I've set German and it's still all English... :(

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Either it's not working, or I'm finding it much easier to read French these days. :D

I guess this language feature hasn't been activated yet.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

By the way everyone, there are a variety of different time display formats but if you want it to be off military time (the simple way), just paste this in your profile where it says "Date Format" :

M Y h:i
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mariek
Global Moderator

Date/Time format

Post by mariek »

I love military time. My date formate is "d M Y H:i". My cell phone & pager are on 24-hr format too.