Tutorials Project

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Tutorials Project

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I'm following up on this thread here - I want to reserve the tutorial threads specifically for questions and answers. Maybe I should make a separate board??<br /><br />viewtopic . php?t=703<br /><br />Yes, TWO in one day! Maybe next time there will be three!<br /><br />Dr. Biagio has posted on the forum, but I don't think very often.<br /><br />The beginner level tutorials are most welcome. I'm writing a Greek one myself about rules of case that'll be a classic - i hope ;) I have the advantage of surveying a dozen grammar books, so I have lots of examples to pull in.<br /><br />I very much welcome anyone else who feels he or she has something to share to write a tutorial. This whole tutorial project in time will I think prove to be very valuable. Image if there were hundreds of tutorials. There could be a search feature to find what you're looking for. Each tutorial would have a forum thread for reading the follow-up questions of others, visitors could print and study from their favorite tutorials. Independent learners will I think benefit must form this project because they do not have classrooms to ask questions.<br /><br />So, if you're on the fence and thinking of writing one - I invite you to donate a few hours of your time and help build a nice online source of learning.<br /><br />Besides- tutorials give me something to talk about in the newsletter ;D<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Tutorials Project

Post by Keesa »

I will, I will, I will! I just don't have anything to write about. <br /><br />I am keeping notes as I learn, though, so I'll be able to remember what worked to help me, as you suggested.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Tutorials are also a great way to meet people around the site. I got to know my several editors and Jeff a lot better this way and it makes the writing sooo much easier ;)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=709;start=0#6797 date=1064446052]<br /> Imagine if there were hundreds of tutorials. There could be a search feature to find what you're looking for. Each tutorial would have a forum thread for reading the follow-up questions of others, visitors could print and study from their favorite tutorials. Independent learners will I think benefit must form this project because they do not have classrooms to ask questions.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I love your vision for the tutorials! And yes, it is invaluable for independent learners.

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I do think a separate board for tutorials would be a good idea - that way, the threads on tutorials don't get lost amidst the other posts in the G&L forums, and people who come to the site at a much later date than the tutorials were posted still get a chance to comment on tutorials.<br /><br />Thinking ahead - perhaps VERY far ahead - at some point the most popular tutorials might even deserve their own *boards*, if they invite enough discussion. But perhaps that's me thinking hyperbolically... ::) :)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Not hyperbolically...just futuristically! ;) <br />