newbie or novus homus

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
DoctorBadger
Textkit Neophyte

newbie or novus homus

Post by DoctorBadger »

Hi, I'm glad to sign up to textkit after so many web searches led me here. Funnily enough the issue that gave me a bee in my bonnet I''ve resolved while waiting for my email inbox to refresh with the confirmation link for my account here. That is, or was, where can I get hold of a colebourne key. Eventually I read down the bottom of a prior thread and followed a link to dropbox and got it. So chuffed. I am working through North and Hillard and like it but want to be ready with Colebourne. N & H is good, but I find that a few days or weeks after doing the exercises I begin to forget some stuff. I'm about a third of the way through and have been trying to get in to a routine of using N & H, Colebourne and Kennedy together, the explication bits, that is, to give me more insight into the questions. Now I may really go for it and when I have finished N & H start on Colebourne but do all the relevant N & H exercises along with the Colebourne ones so I can really bed that knowledge in.
I used to teach and there's a theory called the spiral curriculum ( like all these psych. theories common sense really) when you revisit a topic, each time in more detail. Kind of what I'm trying to do.
So if anybody wants the colebourne key- it is out there....somewhere.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: newbie or novus homus

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit!