Hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
imke
Textkit Neophyte

Hello

Post by imke »

Hi my name is Imke and I'm from Belgium.

I've recently graduated highschool where i've been studying Latin for the past six years. I know from my parents who studied Latin themselves how easily you forget the things you learned I want to prevent that happening to y Latin skills. I'm fascinated with Roman culture and all the drama that can be found in everything from their poems to their retorics :) . I wouldn't mind learning something more about Ancient Greek either since I adore Greek mytholgy but I don't know if that's very likely.

I mostly hope to find some kindred spirits here who'd be willing to discuss some latin texts and their translations with me sinc eI've never gone about a trabslation completely alone and the task seems rather daunting.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit!

Karagialis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Karagialis »

Hello young friend! I'm also new here. Have you ever studied Classical Greek?

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

You will get lots of help here! Are you attending University, and if so, is it possible you could continue with Latin there? Your desire to continue is a very good thing, and you are to be commended for it.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...