Textkit Logo

Hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Hello

Postby imke » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi my name is Imke and I'm from Belgium.

I've recently graduated highschool where i've been studying Latin for the past six years. I know from my parents who studied Latin themselves how easily you forget the things you learned I want to prevent that happening to y Latin skills. I'm fascinated with Roman culture and all the drama that can be found in everything from their poems to their retorics :) . I wouldn't mind learning something more about Ancient Greek either since I adore Greek mytholgy but I don't know if that's very likely.

I mostly hope to find some kindred spirits here who'd be willing to discuss some latin texts and their translations with me sinc eI've never gone about a trabslation completely alone and the task seems rather daunting.
imke
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hello

Postby bedwere » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Welcome to Textkit!
bedwere
Global Moderator

Postby Karagialis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:28 am

Hello young friend! I'm also new here. Have you ever studied Classical Greek?
Karagialis
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Barry Hofstetter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:44 pm

You will get lots of help here! Are you attending University, and if so, is it possible you could continue with Latin there? Your desire to continue is a very good thing, and you are to be commended for it.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Enthusiast

Return to Open Board