Hello from India.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Xavier
Textkit Neophyte

Hello from India.

Post by Xavier »

Dear brothers, sisters and friends.

I am a pre-seminarian who is really interested in learning ancient Greek and Latin. I would love to get a good grasp of Koine Greek to read some of the New Testament manuscripts. Although religious studies is my main forte, I also like the Greek and Latin secular classics, especially the Roman histories and the Greek philosophers. I hope to complete Latin studies and aim to master Church and Vulgate Latin in 2 years.

So much about me. This seems like a nice forum. Hope you all have a pleasant learning experience in Greek and Latin. God bless.

Xavier.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from India.

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Xavier!

ἑκηβόλος
Textkit Zealot

Re: Hello from India.

Post by ἑκηβόλος »

Xavier wrote:I am a pre-seminarian who is really interested in learning ancient Greek and Latin
Are you following a course of study over these coming 2 years with frequent and achievable goals? If you are coming from an Indo-Ayrian language background, you may find that the word-stock and declensional system that your language derives from Sanskrit will give you a small initial boost in your studies of both Greek and Latin.
Xavier wrote:I would love to get a good grasp of Koine Greek ... I also like the Greek ... classics, especially the Roman histories ...
Over the past few years, I have been reading from some of the Roman historians, who composed in Greek. That is a task that is made more straightforward by the fact that the content is generally arranged in an intuitive (chronological) sequence.
τί δὲ ἀγαθὸν τῇ πομφόλυγι συνεστώσῃ ἢ κακὸν διαλυθείσῃ;