Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
QuintusTheCuck
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by QuintusTheCuck »

Hi

I'm Quintus the Cuck. I'm a 19 years old autodidact Greek living and raised in the UK.

I am learning Ancient Greek, aiming to become expert at Modern Greek, and soon learning Latin, aiming to accustom myself easily with Romance languages.

I look forward to give and receive assistance to translations of both. Having another's view on things helps.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Quintus!

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

I will let your username stand unless I get a complaint from the regulars on the forum.

Of course, if I find out at some point that it's meant to mock some person who goes by "Quintus" elsewhere on the internet, or anything like that, it will be deleted.

If you'd like to change it at any time, just let me know.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Quintus Cuculus would be much more dignified.

QuintusTheCuck
Textkit Neophyte

Post by QuintusTheCuck »

jeidsath wrote:I will let your username stand unless I get a complaint from the regulars on the forum.

Of course, if I find out at some point that it's meant to mock some person who goes by "Quintus" elsewhere on the internet, or anything like that, it will be deleted.

If you'd like to change it at any time, just let me know.
Its from a character from a Latin study-book called "Cambridge Latin Course". The character is kinda pansy, and his illustrations look funny to me, e.g:

https://imgur.com/a/MDECZNl