Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Nausica
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by Nausica »

Hello,

I'm from Barcelona and I have studied quite a lot of Latin in high school and in university, but never enough to be close to read texts directly and following the old fashioned "translation method" which is not very helpful. I really liked the classics and I studied Humanities, but my professional career ended up in a close, but different area. Now, with life practicalities sort of solved, I find myself pursuing a Masters in Ancient Mediterranean history as a hobby (which means very slowly) and it's the perfect excuse to go back to Latin (Ancient Greek will come later).

I'm currently following Lingvua Latina per se Illustrata as I really like the methodology, although I have also copies of CLC and Wheelock's to complement. So far I'm around chapter VI and I have this feeling this is when it gets interesting. Being a native speaker of two Romance languages should be helpful when you learn Latin and it is... except when it's not, so I found this place and thought it would be great to have a place to come to share my interest.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Nausica!