Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
EmmaN
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by EmmaN »

Hi,

My name is Emma, and my daughter has decided to homeschool. She is interested in adding Latin to her studies, and my oldest wants to join in. Not having ever gone past Greek and Latin roots (grade 5, never you mind how long ago that was!) I will probably need some help. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

Regards,
Emma

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Emma!

Aelia
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Introduction

Post by Aelia »

Welcome to the board Emma. :) I have also recently joined and am teaching myself at home. Like yourself I also did Latin roots (but not Greek) a long time ago. I am now retired have decided to learn Latin as it has long fascinated me.

After trying several beginners Latin books (and not really finding them ‘beginners!!’, I settled on “Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin for Home-Schoolers and Self-Taught Students of Any Age” by William Linney (which I have as a Kindle book). The audio for this book is free online here - gettingstartedwithlatin.com/downloads.html and it has the choice of classical pronunciation or ecclesiastical pronunciation. I’m learning ecclesiastical. I’m finding that the book proceeds very easily through the lessons.

Have your girls started yet? If so, what books are they using?

Aelia