Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Todd927
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by Todd927 »

I am the language technologist at Dickinson College. We host Digital College Commentaries which provides notes, vocab, and related media for classical texts and Mixxer for language exchanges, even Latin.

I am here to see if it would useful to have students use this site or build something similar into the DCC.

Thanks,
Todd

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Introduction

Post by jeidsath »

Hi Todd, welcome to Textkit. I'm a big fan of the core vocab lists that DCC makes available. I think that I used one or the other of the Lucian commentaries, but didn't realize that there was an online reader.

The value of Textkit is its community, of course, and there is usually a very expert opinion (or several) for any question asked. I think that we might be open to some new Textbook forums and local Dickinson moderators, if there is anything that you'd need to facilitate classroom learning.

If you decide to do something on your own instead, then as far as tech goes, this site uses phpbb. It's a reliable technology, and not too complicated to integrate into an existing site. You probably know all that though.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com