Konstantinos from Athens, Hellas - Introducing myself

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
consimo
Textkit Neophyte

Konstantinos from Athens, Hellas - Introducing myself

Post by consimo »

Greetings from Athens to all,

I am Konstantinos 45yo, a native speaker of Modern Greek livng in Athens. Having graduated from high school back in 1990, with a concentration on the equivalent of A - levels in Ancient Greek and Latin. Unfortunately, my course of life kept me separated from both since then.

As a travel consultant for over 20 years, I am currently experiencing a desire to come close to the ancient languages once more, this time for soul enrichment purposes.

I came across Textkit accidentally a few days ago, and I have a confession to make at this point:

I was astonished by the level of enthusiasm and pure dedication your community reflects to anyone reading the posts to the study of the ancient Greek and Roman civilization, while neither being natives or living in Hellas or Italy.

I am embarrassed to admit that after all those years I can hardly understand a text in ancient Greek or Latin.

Please accept my sincere respect and admiration for your endeavours, you act as a role model for me to follow and learn.

I would be more than happy to help with issues in modern Greek, if any.

Σας ευχαριστώ!
Last edited by consimo on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Konstantinos from Athens, Greece - Introducing myself

Post by jeidsath »

Χαῖρε!

(And you will find, I think, that there are both natives of Greece and Italy on the boards here.)
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Hylander
Textkit Zealot

Post by Hylander »

It will come back to you. Why not give it a try?
Bill Walderman

consimo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by consimo »

I will give it a try, Hylander. I came across my old school textbooks searching my library the other day. A strange but familiar feeling while retrieving them from the dust.

Thank you for the encouragement!