Textkit Logo

Introduction: Dave Burt

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Introduction: Dave Burt

Postby daveburt » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 am

Hi, I'm Dave Burt, currently studying part time at Ridley Melbourne. I finished an intro to Greek a few years ago and Hebrew last year and intend to keep growing my proficiency, but slowly because I have limited time after family, work and study commitments. Nevertheless I'm using Duolingo for modern Greek and Hebrew, and listening to audio readings (Various Koine/Reconstructed NT recordings and Haktuvim for Hebrew), and have started Buth's courses for both languages. I'm interested in pedagogy and have built a couple of tools to help me and others learn, but apparently can't post the links due to site rules. You can google my name and Greek resources and you'll find a list I've compiled for fellow students taught grammar-translation in Erasmian, arguing in favour of treating Greek more like a real language, and including a graded NT reader based on Duff's Elements' chapters.

I hope on Textkit I can learn from and encourage others in developing and applying various resources to learn and understand Greek.
daveburt
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Introduction: Dave Burt

Postby bedwere » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 am

Welcome, Dave!
bedwere
Global Moderator

Return to Open Board