Hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
danbek
Textkit Neophyte

Hello

Post by danbek »

Hi,

My background in classical languages is that I took three semesters of ancient Greek in college (25+ years ago), sporadically looked at Greek for a few years after that, and then dropped it as my working career began.

About 6 weeks ago my 10 year-old son asked me whether Homer's Greek rhymed (we have the Fagles translations on our bookshelves, and he is curious about them and has even read short sections of them). I didn't know the answer, so looked it up on the internet, and my interest in Greek started to rekindle. Just a week or two later I was in a local used bookstore, looking at the foreign language section, and found a copy of Cunliffe's lexicon. I took this as a sign, purchased it, and am now slowly working through Debnar's edition of Pharr.

This forum is a great resource, thank you to the founder and everyone else who has contributed over the years!

Dan

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Dan!