New member introduction - softarae

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
softarae
Textkit Neophyte

New member introduction - softarae

Post by softarae »

Greetings!

This is my new member intro post, so some background information is appropriate.
I have a BA in Philosophy from University of Wisconsin-Madison. My focus (as much
as a person can have one as an undergraduate) was on Ancient Greek Philosophy,
especially Socrates via Plato. I was sidetracked (or side swiped) by life before
I could pursue a graduate degree.

Years later, I am now retired and demonstrating that I am both faithful to my love
of Socrates, *and* a glutton for punishment, by tackling Ancient Greek once again.
It is a pleasure to be able to study it at my own pace, with my choice of
textbook, etc.

Without the pressure of language learning at university, I find that I am enjoying
learning more about ancient Greek culture, history, and literature while I do my
best to, gradually, learn the language. Plato is now only one of the many
Greek authors I look forward to, eventually, being able to read in the original.

I was delighted to find the Textkit site and resources, including the forum.
Thank you. ~Rae, aka softarae

Pros
Textkit Member

Re: New member introduction - softarae

Post by Pros »

I welcome you here and look forward to seeing you in the Agora forum.

softarae
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New member introduction - softarae

Post by softarae »

Thanks, Pros! I will definitely check out the Agora. I see the "What is the weather today?" thread will be a great right-off-the-bat study motivator :-) But first, I have a run to make to the garden. Must clean up before the weather here in Madison turns cold.