Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
magistercirculus
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by magistercirculus »

Chairete, o philoi! My name is David Ring. I am joining because I have noticed for months now that this is where all the juicy threads about Ancient Greek for proficiency, i.e., Renaissance style, live happily. I have been a Latin (and sometimes Greek) teacher for 7 or 8 years. When I graduated college with a degree in Ancient Greek, my Greek was far better than my Latin (albeit in the normal philological sense). But five years ago I started speaking Latin at Conventicula and reading without translating. I could never go back. I have since become a trained Comprehensible Input Latin teacher. Last year I felt sad that my Latin is now way better than my Greek -- and I love Greek more than anything! So, via the Italian Athenaze, Rouse, Lucian, Rico's Polis Koine, easy readers, kai ta loipa, I have been "activating" my Greek too. I couldn't be happier. I also love Bedwere's recordings and Marcos' recommendation of Caruso's monolingual dictionary.

Well, there it is. Soon I will post about some Athenaze and Thrasymachus recordings I'm about to post on archive.org. Eis authis!

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Introduction

Post by jeidsath »

Χαῖρε, I look forward to seeing your posts!
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com