Self-intro and Bible Meter issue

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
brainout
Textkit Neophyte

Self-intro and Bible Meter issue

Post by brainout »

Hi, y'all, I think this is my 11th post but am still not sure I can post links, so I'll try to explain my purpose for coming here, without them. You can Google on my 'brainout' name to find who I am (avatar is same pan-internet).

I'm chiefly interested in something I learned by mistake back in 2008 while back-translating Isaiah 53: Bible METER. It's been debated for 300 years (i.e., starting with Robert Lowth), and when trying to find whether there were missing words in the Moeller Isaiah scroll, I accidently learned the chapter was METERED (starting at Isaiah 52:13 in Hebrew, samex marker), and that the meter is perfect.

But it's not the same as Westerners expect. It's not a poetic meter, but an accounting meter. For time, for number of syllables in the text, since the text was orally memorized. The counts actually interface with the text to provide meaningful doctrinal interpretations.

Since no one has found this yet in academia, for the past 8 years I've just been posting what I found, most coherently in vimeo (same nickname). It's an ongoing project. I've demonstrated the meter in several OT books and in all the NT books.

But here's the rub: Bible's meter depends on ELISION assumption and KRASIS in Greek. For both changed much over the period the NT was written. Currently, I'm trying to find out how common crasis was for kai and verbs that begin with vowels. I can't ask in B-Greek (where I'm a member) because they insist on real names (which would possibly hurt my family, ergo I'm anonymous here).

So I'm here looking for anyone who is also interested in those topics, for whatever other reasons.

Again, you can google to find what I've done on this so far, in vimeo and Youtube. That way I don't violate the link rules for nubies.

Thank you for your time!