Textkit Logo

Salvete omnes, Χαιρετε παντες

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Salvete omnes, Χαιρετε παντες

Postby Amplaos » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Hello all, שלום לכולם,

My name is Amplaos, I live in Israel, and I'm a budding amateur classicist. I've been studying Latin since May, and Ancient Greek since July. I'd classify my reading level in Latin as intermediate (can sight-read easy authors like Eutropius, Caesar with a very occasional dictionary lookup, and with a little comprehension effort, read Tacitus. Not very good with poetry though.)

In Greek my level is a upper beginner - I can read the New Testament or Septuagint with only occasional dictionary reference (very little grammar or syntax issues), and am currently reading the Iliad with Liddell and Scott as my guides, as well as a Latin interlinear translation (got it from the Kindle store http://www.amazon.com/The-Iliad-Greek-Latin-English-ebook/dp/B00N9RDQ5M/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VH1RVZW5CHQPXRC9XR3&dpID=51L7jtrljdL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR100%2C160_ - also has Buckley's literal English translation).
Ῥήθεντα ὑπὸ τοῦ μεγάλου ῥήτορος Δονάλδου Τρᾶμπ·

"Ἡμᾶς μὲν δεῖ τεῖχος οἰκοδομῆσαι, αὐτὸ δὲ ταχέως οἰκοδομηθῆναι."
"Συνίημι τοὺς λόγους. Ἔχω δὴ τοὺς ἀρίστους λόγους."
"Ὀλίγόν μοι ἐδανείσεν ὁ πατήρ, ἑκατομύριον δολάρια."
"Μοι δὲ ἀρέσκουσι οἱ μὴ ζωγρηθέντες."
Amplaos
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Open Board