Textkit Logo

Salvete!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Salvete!

Postby Philippos » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:26 pm

I wish I could write a nice introduction in latin but am just starting out so boring ole' english will have to do for now.

A little background, I live in Minnesota and have taken it upon myself to learn latin. Actually my brother and I are both learning at the same time, although he has a head start. One of my goals is to be able to speak it conversationally as well as be able to read the classics. I already purchased Winnie Il Pu (I know it's not a classic) and an 1700's version of Tacitus' opera's as goals. After glancing at both books I realize I have a long way to go. In my short time I have tried Rosetta Stone (would not recommend), switched to reading an old latin textbook I found at an antique store before realizing I really need an answer key, and finally finding Latin for Beginners by Doge with the answer key here! I plan on sticking it out with this unless anyone here has any recommendations for someone who is first starting out.

Since I am going the self-study route, I hope to use this forum as resource for learning. I hope I'm at the right place.

Take care,
Philippos
Philippos
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Open Board