Moved Forum?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Moved Forum?

Post by Keesa »

When I tried to enter the forum earlier, I had to be redirected...did you move the forum, Jeff? Was it supposed to do that? <br /><br />Keesa

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re:Moved Forum?

Post by benissimus »

It did that to me too. No big deal really, except that I had to go through my different passwords to try to figure out which one I use here...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

I like how the ip does not resolve. 8)

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

yep it's moved. Textkit is changing servers. There are duplicate copies of Textkit on both servers while Textkit's DNS entry propogates, but the forum had to be redirected so that threads wouldn't be lost.<br /><br />Yes, it is nice just using an IP Alundis! The new server account has a static IP address which is handy (like in this case). The forum's mail functions won't work however until the switch is complete.<br /><br />AND just in case you're interested.... you'll know you're looking at the 'new Textkit' if you see a "support Textkit" link in the footer. It's only on the new page. The DNS should fully propogate within 24 hours.<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

8) Cool. Just as long as it isn't my computer acting up. ::)

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

I have no idea what a propagating DNS is, but I assume it needs privacy to do so :o.<br /><br />The only thing I can see at the bottom of the page is the Amazon banner. Is that what you're talking about?<br /><br />I did have trouble logging in this morning in that every time I went to a new page I had to log in again, till I told my computer to over-ride all cookie settings for textkit. Also the Most Recent Posts link at the top of the forum main page has disappeared.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

lol. no they don't need privacy, just time ;)<br /><br />it just means that it takes awhile for all the ISP's in the world to figure out that the site has moved, and update their settings. So some people will get the new site sooner than others, depending on your ISP. <br /><br />There is a little green link that just says "Support Textkit" but I don't think it's in the forum pages. <br /><br />I imagine your login problem will be resolved as your own ISP catches up. Try clearing your cache too to make sure you're getting the new pages.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus