Ancient Greek easier after learning Russian

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
flupwatson
Textkit Neophyte

Ancient Greek easier after learning Russian

Post by flupwatson »

This is my first post here, so hello everybody. I've wanted to learn Latin and Greek since high school, but have never taken any courses. Originally, I was going to major or at least minor in classics at U.H. Manoa, but decided at the last minute to study Russian, mainly because I thought it would be interesting to learn a living language that was inflected like Latin or Greek. Long story short, I ended up marrying a Russian exchange student and moving to Moscow in 1998 where I've been ever since. Now, with more patience in my 40s after spending a year studying Latin via Wheelock, I've decided to tackle Greek. The only textbook I have was a gift from a librarian at Maui community college who gave me a copy of Chase & Phillips A New Introduction to Greek. Back in the day, I wasn't able to get past the first few chapters, but now after fluency in Russian and some Latin under my belt, I've made it up to lesson 21. It's a hell of a lot easier now than it was before, but I am getting bogged down now in the participle and it doesn't help that there appears to be no answer key to this textbook anywhere to be found. So hopefully, I'll be able to get some help here!