new member from Indonesia

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

new member from Indonesia

Post by Sofronios »

Greetings!

I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. having been self studying biblical greek for just an introductory level.
yes, my interest is the BGreek. Not sure about classical Greek yet, because I am overloaded with the "more simple koine" already. never exposed to Latin,yet... (If I can maybe I will learn it some other time on the future)

by the way, one of the reason I am picking the BGreek is due to Mounce-Wallace popularity (not that I am entering a seminary) and never heard anything about classical primers bfore.
Then I found this website with the classical stuff ready to help anyone interested in the language..

I am looking forward in many years or so to be able to acquire a just good (or a bit more than good) for reading both the scripture and classics..

hope can contribute more with u guys!
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?

sydneylam19
Textkit Neophyte

Re: new member from Indonesia

Post by sydneylam19 »

Hi Sofronios! Greetings from Hong Kong although nearly a year has passed. I've self-learnt some Latin and plan to educate myself on Classical and Koine Greek. Right now I'm trying to learn more about Latin Literature first because I'm deeply convinced that languages form the basis for all Philosophy and Theology studies - especially when I'm a Catholic interested in Thomas Aquinas.

Deus te incolumem custodiat!

Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

Re: new member from Indonesia

Post by Sofronios »

Hi sydney
sry for this late reply
yeah surely latin is extremely helpful in order to read and understand the latin fathers and tradition.. and Thomas Aquinas is a big name on the latin tradition..
Good luck in your study :D
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?