Hello from Australia

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
pies
Textkit Neophyte

Hello from Australia

Post by pies »

Hello, fellow Greek and Latin enthusiasts.
I'm Henry from Australia. I'm still in high school (hence my username- say it in greek) and I love linguistics (hence my username- as an acronym). I, like all of you on this forum in some way or rather, have a profound fascination in the classical world and in both classical languages.
That being said, I've only studied Greek to "literature level" (reading Plato and Thucydides in class atm)- my Latin is rather basic, and so I intend on improving it before I leave secondary school to (hopefully) continue onto classics at university.
On a slight tangent, being a classics student in Australia can sometimes be really weird. There aren't too many teachers (or students for the matter) here, and at times one can feel quite disconnected from the ancient Mediterranean world. Literature makes everything better though.
I'm incredibly excited to get involved in what seems like a brilliant community of enthusiastic and passionate people. See you guys around!
νῦν ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀγών

r4nd0m1z
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by r4nd0m1z »

Hi Henry,
On a slight tangent, being a classics student in Australia can sometimes be really weird. There aren't too many teachers (or students for the matter) here, and at times one can feel quite disconnected from the ancient Mediterranean world.
You might like to connect with Seumas Macdonald (search for "The Patrologist" or visit jeltzz dot com ), a Greek teacher currently in Mongolia but is on his way back to Australia.