Textkit Logo

New Newb Excited To Explore Latin!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

New Newb Excited To Explore Latin!

Postby Kaleiokanakaanuenue » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:27 am

Salvete, anyone who decides to read this!

I took 2 semesters of Classical Latin in college and have proceeded to become the TA of my college's Latin program. Don't let that seem like self-adulation; the truth is that my college doesn't really have a Latin program (only one course of elementary Latin is offered per semester), and my being offered the TA position was more of a step for my college to keep its Latin course from dying because our professor needed help with the class and no other student wanted to be the TA.

To make a related digression, I also had no intention of ever learning Latin. I took it initially because it was a cheap course (*cough* *cough* it's a dead language). However, I love Latin. I love Latin with that zealous abandon young people are wont to have and with that steady flame scholars find their lifelong joy and happiness in.

I've browsed these forums in the past and now am proud to finally feel confident enough to join you in discussions. If you happen to notice some childish Latin scrawled beneath the main points of my post, please excuse its poor grammar. Corrections are happily received! I look forward to learning and contributing to this community. :D
Kaleiokanakaanuenue
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Open Board