An Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Ξερξης Βασιλευς
Textkit Neophyte

An Introduction

Post by Ξερξης Βασιλευς »

Hello, Salvete seu Χαιρετε, Ξερξης Βασιλευς ειμι ( or Xerxes Rex if you prefer the Latin.)I am new here but I have studied Latin for about 4 years and have been studying Attic Greek for about a year. I joined this site to be apart of a community that has a love of classical history, culture, literature, and language. I work as a substitute teacher in California and have my BA in European History, moreover I will begin pursuing my Masters this coming winter in European History.

As to my abilities with Greek and Latin, I feel relatively confident with my abilities in Latin and am able to read and express my thoughts (with writing) fairly comfortably in the language. With Greek not so much as I have worked with the language for far less time and am still working through the Hansen and Quinn intensive course, although I am nearing the end.

As for other languages I recently (that is to say two days before the time of writing this) I have also begun learning French.