housekeeping

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
klewlis
Global Moderator

housekeeping

Post by klewlis »

hey all, I noticed that Jeff needed some help moderating new users/posts so he has reinstated my mod abilities from long ago (!) and I've just spent some time going through *hundreds* of first/second posts from new users, all of which have to be approved manually because we're trying to screen out spammers!

Some of these posts have been waiting for moderation since January.

I did my best to weed out the spam and keep the legit posts, but if I've let any bad ones through let me know. :)

(if you're wondering why the sudden influx of posts... this is why!)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Scribo
Global Moderator

Re: housekeeping

Post by Scribo »

Yeah I was like "cool new users!". Unfortunately I can't see the moderation cue in this forum so I can't help out there, sorry.
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: housekeeping

Post by thesaurus »

Another moderator here. I've been absent because I was in the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic and without internet/electricity/running water for most of the time, so I hope you'll forgive my leave of duties. I'll try to keep on top of new posts/users as best I can.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute