Textkit Logo

housekeeping

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

housekeeping

Postby klewlis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:17 am

hey all, I noticed that Jeff needed some help moderating new users/posts so he has reinstated my mod abilities from long ago (!) and I've just spent some time going through *hundreds* of first/second posts from new users, all of which have to be approved manually because we're trying to screen out spammers!

Some of these posts have been waiting for moderation since January.

I did my best to weed out the spam and keep the legit posts, but if I've let any bad ones through let me know. :)

(if you're wondering why the sudden influx of posts... this is why!)
klewlis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: housekeeping

Postby Scribo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah I was like "cool new users!". Unfortunately I can't see the moderation cue in this forum so I can't help out there, sorry.
Scribo
Textkit Zealot

Re: housekeeping

Postby thesaurus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Another moderator here. I've been absent because I was in the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic and without internet/electricity/running water for most of the time, so I hope you'll forgive my leave of duties. I'll try to keep on top of new posts/users as best I can.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute
thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Return to Open Board