Trying to get in touch with Prof. Diane Johnson

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
bedwere
Global Moderator

Trying to get in touch with Prof. Diane Johnson

Post by bedwere »

Hi,

Does anyone know what's happened to Prof. Diane Johnson of Western Washington University? She put on the web her edition of Posselius's Familiarium Colloquiorum Libellus Graece et Latine, which now, together with all her work, has disappeared, although I could find the pdf elsewhere. I tried to write to her at WWU but my message bounced back. I found some typos (at least I think they are typos) in the book and wanted to send them to her. Thanks!

Wyclif
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Trying to get in touch with Prof. Diane Johnson

Post by Wyclif »

I believe she retired. I saw your other thread listing the areas you saw need for correction and multiple posts saying "No longer necessary." Did you discover something about her beyond my information?

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Wyclif wrote:I believe she retired. I saw your other thread listing the areas you saw need for correction and multiple posts saying "No longer necessary." Did you discover something about her beyond my information?
No, nothing.

mwh
Textkit Zealot

Post by mwh »

Have you tried asking anyone at WWU? The current dept chair is in Spanish, and in Classics there are now only two or three faculty all junior, but surely someone will know about her. Personnel dept shd be able to tell you when she left, and maybe more?
Or SCS (ex-APA)? I think she belonged/belongs.
Or the local phone book?

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

I only used Google. It was about the typos in the Posselius's Dialogoues. I would have liked to have the doc file to edit, but in the end I was able to edit the pdf and so I stopped looking for her.