My introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Mr Jonathan
Textkit Neophyte

My introduction

Post by Mr Jonathan »

Just making my introductory post. My name is Jonathan and I am currently studying Latin with the latinum curriculum. I have started with Comenius's Vestibulum & Orbis Pictus, which has been fun but challenging. I was almost a raw beginner so everything is new (although it helps to know Spanish and a little Italian). I decided to jump in with a natural acquisition approach and leave the formal grammar study for a little later down the road. I've also just ordered the Assimil and Lingua Latina courses online.

I'm enthusiastic about learning the languages and history of Ancient Greece and Rome, but I know it will be a long journey, so we'll see how it goes.

Phil-
Textkit Neophyte

Re: My introduction

Post by Phil- »

Hi Jonathan, I am another newbie here. I've been getting into Comenius too. His stuff is great. I'm also going through LLPSI (Lingua Latina). My Portuguese helps my Latin, especially in learning to read it naturally. My Greek, on the other hand... that's another story :roll:

-Phil